Thursday, November 18, 2010

I forgetting...

...that I have this blog thingy and not posting anything.  I'm going to try to post something every day from now on, even if its not a whole post and just a random thought or quotation. 

So, today is just going to be a random thought or quotation...I haven't figured it out yet, but I will shortly...

...and since Thanksgiving is coming up, I'm going to be using Thanksgiving-y thoughts, etc.



Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.  ~Robert Caspar Lintner
I think this is so true, and so easily forgotten.  Its hard to remember to be thankful in the day to day.  I try, but don't always succeed.  And that makes me sad.

 I should be thankful everyday that I have a roof over my head - for free, no less.  However, I find myself feeling irritation that I be asked to do something to help out around the house because it interferes with what it is that I want to be doing.  I need to work on this, not only on being thankful, but also not to find it irritating that my parents expect certain things from me in exchange for the luxury of having a free home.  Starting today, I'm going to be thankful that I have a home to live in, rent free and that I have parents who don't expect that much in return.  Maybe next time I'm asked/told to do something, I won't complain about it and try to do it with a smile.  No promises on the smiling part...

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts, Steph. I definitely need to joing in.

    ReplyDelete